Thursday, January 30, 2014

And now...

I'm all caught up and ready for in the moment blogging- how exciting!
I moved to Portland a little more than a month ago with my dear friend Mali, a recent college grad coming from Vancouver BC. We have known each other since childhood and in the past dreamed of being roommates in Seattle together (Portland is close enough). Lucky for me, Mali dove into the housing hunt with passion and found us a cute apartment off of Powell Street with ease. We've spent time decorating and making things feel 'homey', and I think with great luck! Our home is a sweet space with white walls, a brick fireplace, two bedrooms, a tiny kitchen and a pretty darn cute bathroom. To top it off we have Mali's beautiful artwork to hang throughout. It's a work in progress, as I think every home is, and its providing much comfort in the depth of this winter.
City life is different! Very different. I would be lying if I said I didn't love it though. The music, the shops, the food, the bustle, the nightlife (!), and of course the endless people watching have kept me highly entertained and fascinated. And I'm just beginning! I cant wait to see what this year has in store for me.
Right off the bat we started having visitors (everyones rolling through Portland), so it's been pretty hard to feel homesick. Kyra, Lissa and babe visited for Kyra's big 25th. It was a blast filled with walks, food and a little bit too much alcohol. Oh well.





No comments:

Post a Comment